Membership with the Council of Agency Executives is limited to nonprofit agencies that:
- Operate under a Federal 501(c)(3) tax exempt certification*, and
- Have at least one paid staff, and
- Offer services or be headquartered in the Greater Rochester area and its environs, and
- Complete a membership application, and
- Submits the application, together with a check for annual dues, to the Council Administrator.
The qualified representative of the organization is its Chief Executive Officer or Executive Director. For regional agencies that are headquartered outside of, yet serve the Greater Rochester area, the member may be the agency's highest-ranking staff person in the Greater Rochester area.
Non-profit CEOs and Executive Directors may join the Council at any time, as long as they meet the basic qualifications. Our membership year is July 1 through June 30. Fees will be pro-rated for new members joining prior to July 1.
Former Council Members not currently employed by a Member Agency, may become an Associate Member of the Council, subject to certain qualifications and limits.
*Nonprofit organizations that are not a 501(c)(3) designee, but are another type of nonprofit organization may be considered for membership based on approval by the Board of Directors
Questions regarding membership requirements should be directed to the Council Director, Melinda Goldberg at Melinda@agencyexecutives.com or 585-301-8383.
Please do not submit a membership application without contacting us first.