The Council of Agency Executives
Welcome! The Council of Agency Executives is a membership association for leaders of nonprofit organizations the Greater Rochester area of Upstate New York. The Council provides many member benefits, including networking opportunities, education, information, inspiration and support to the nonprofit executive who strives to lead with excellence.
To accomplish this, we provide programs featuring community leaders, area management experts, and our members as presenters. Programs range from bi-monthly Council meetings to smaller roundtables and colloquia; meetings with governmental officials; establishing affinity groups based on interest area; occasional social and special events, such as our Annual Meeting and Annual Leadership Conference.
Please look through these pages to learn more about us.
2017 - 2018 Programs:
Monthly programs for CEOs are normally held at the Red Cross and are generally the 2nd Thursday of the month, either for breakfast or lunch. We also have several affinity networking groups (see below)
- Thurs May 10, 2018: 8am Breakfast on business ventures
- Thurs April 12, 2018: Lunch with Jaime Saunders/United Way
- Thurs March 8, 2018: Lunch topic Mergers and Partnerships, speakers TBA
- Wed February 7, 2018: Lunch with Bill Carpenter/RTS
- January 11, 2018: CEOs as Chief Communications Officers with Todd Butler
- December 14, 2017: CEO Roundtables
- November 9, 2017: Top 10 Things You Should Know About the Non-Profit Revitalization Act (NPRA) with Joe Casion
- October 18, 2017: Updage on Nonprofit Tax Issues & Financial Reporting with Nancy Snyder
- September 14, 2017: Trauma Informed Care with Dr. Elizabeth Meeker
2018 Annual Meeting & Awards Breakfast: June 15, 2018 at Irondequoit Country Club.
NOT A MEMBER? Call 585.301.8383 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about attending an upcoming program as a guest.
Recent CEO programs:
- Rochester Monroe County Poverty Initiative (RMAPI)
- Greater Rochester Health Foundation
- RocCity Coalition - Attracting & retaining young professionals
- CEOs & Board Chair Relations
- Dr. Tim Kneeland/Persepctives on the election
- Corinda Crossdale/Dept for Human Services
- Employment Laws
- Carol Tegas/Fingerlakes Performing Provider System
- County Executive Cheryl Dinolfo
- Wade Norwood reviewing the NYS Budget
- Kim VanCamp and Dr. Don Kamin on the NYS Judicial System
AFFINITY NETWORKING GROUPS
- Newer Executive Directors
- Smaller Organizations
- HR Group
- CFO Group
- COO Group
- Compliance Officers